A growing number of people choose to live their lives
without holding any religious beliefs, and it is important for their
wedding to reflect and respect this.
A Humanist Wedding Ceremony is a personal and joyous
occasion. I am an accredited Humanist Celebrant with Humanists UK, and trained with them in 2006 to conduct
wedding and partnership ceremonies.
A Register Office marriage procedure, while still at the
moment legally necessary in England
may not satisfy your wishes for a ceremony which, whether traditional
or unusual, should be certainly individual and memorable.
I will reflect your values and the values of those
you involve in your ceremony, as I believe your wedding should “come
from the heart, not habit”
A Humanist ceremony is respectful to everyone attending
including those for whom religion is a part of their lives. It can take
place anywhere you choose – and be part of a day which
includes the legal registration of your marriage or is quite separate
Over the years I have conducted ceremonies at a variety of locations including:
- Highclere Castle, near Newbury – of Downton Abbey fame
- in the Orangery at Raymond Blanc’s “Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons”
- the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford
- on the banks of the River Loire
- French chateaus and a Spanish “castle”
- numerous English hotels
- private homes – ranging in size and style from those small & modest, through to family ancestral homes
- outside in the countryside
- village halls, pubs ……
I will be pleased to discuss your special day with
you, answer any questions you have about the day, and help make “your
ceremony” a very memorable and special occasion.
P.S. - for those of you who have been
married for a few years, I also conduct "renewal of vows"